FPC’S INVESTMENT APPEAL
Key drivers of FPC’s investment appeal:
- A monopolistic position in the long-distance rail passenger transportation market in Russia.
- FPC is vital both socially and strategically to Russia as the main transport operator for long- and medium-distance travel spanning most of the country, including travel to regions with extreme natural and climatic conditions and lacking road infrastructure.
- Significant growth potential of population mobility.
- Railway services to support major passenger flows in Russia.
- A conservative financial policy and low debt level.
- State-regulated fares for long-distance rail passenger transportation and compensation of revenue shortfall paid by the Russian Government.
- Low competition from international companies in the domestic rail passenger services market due to high entry barriers for new players entering the Russian market.
- Strategic importance in achieving the long-term objectives of state-owned RZD Holding.
In December 2017, the Russian national rating agency ACRA assigned FPC its AA+ (RU) high credit quality rating with a stable outlook.
In January 2018, Moody’s upgraded FPC’s rating to an investment grade Baa3 with a positive outlook. FPC’s current rating from Moody’s is one notch higher than Russia’s sovereign rating.
In February 2018, Standard & Poor’s upgraded FPC’s rating to BBB–, the same level as Russia’s sovereign rating, changing its outlook to negative in March 2018.
In March 2018, Fitch Ratings confirmed FPC’s rating at BB+ with a positive outlook.
|Agency||Rating||Outlook||Rating action date|
|Moody’s||Baa3||positive||29 January 2018|
|Standard & Poor’s||ВВB–||negative||29 March 2018|
|Fitch Ratings||ВВ+||positive||29 March 2018|
|АКРА||АА+(RU)||stable||07 December 2017|